1. Lead with ValueWhat captures your attention as you scroll through your social media feeds? For me, whether it's a hilarious cat photo or a new movie trailer, the common element is value. Value can mean a lot of things, so here is how I define it within the context of marketing: communication that leaves me better off having received it.
Some examples of valuable communication include:
- a video that entertained me
- a news story on a topic I care about
- an update about a product that I'm following
- a coupon that will save me money
- a chance to win an incredible prize
- a tutorial about how to do something